- Visit House of Dun, our local National Trust for Scotland property. An 18th century country house, nestled into great Angus countryside.
- Montrose Air Station Heritage Centre, it was the first operational airfield in Great Britain and you can get up close with the aircraft.
- Charleton Fruit Farm, is perfect for families and you can pick your own fruit!
- Langley Park Gardens are beautiful, peaceful gardens to wander around.
- Montrose Museum to learn more about the people of Montrose and our local area.
- Elephant Rock coastal walk – perfect for puffin spotting!
- Scurdie Ness coastal walk – perfect for dolphin spotting and watching the boats come in and out of our port.
- Arbikie Distillery Visitor Centre, great spot to taste some of our local delights and have a tipple.
- Montrose Playhouse, built by support from our community, offers great cocktails and comfy movie screenings.
- St. Cyrus Nature Reserve is lovely for a walk, especially if you want to spot some birds.
- Lunan Bay is our favourite beach in Scotland, often see lots of wildlife and the dogs love to run here.
- Gordon’s with Rooms is our fine-dining restaurant of choice nearby. Seasonal, British dishes with classic cookery techniques. Yum!
- Brechin Castle centre is great for kids and a shop. Particularly good around holidays such as Halloween and Christmas.
- Loch Lee is a beautiful, tranquil walk, surrounded by the Cairngorm hills.
- Mount Keen is our closest (and most easterly) munro. Although it can be challenging, it’s popular with beginners.
- Airlie Monument, the walk up to the monument is great and offers fantastic views of our local area. Built for the late Earl of Airlie who died in the Boer war.
- The Davidson Legacy Cottage, you can step back in time in this traditional cottage with a link to Harley Davidson.
- Arbroath Cliff Tours offers kayak tours of the east coastline. Visitors can often see dolphins, seals, puffins and all sorts of local nature.
- Smithie’s Deli & Gin Emporium, a great deli offering fabulous cheese, gin, wine and nibbles as well as a great lunch menu.
- Hospitalfield House is an arts centre with a lovely café and community garden.
Forfar & Kirriemuir
- J.M Barrie’s Birthplace is part of the National Trust and lovely way to spend the day and find the inspiration behind Neverland.
- The Angus Glens are the perfect spot to escape the world and enjoy the views.
- Corrie Fee was carved out by a glacier millennia ago and offers a lovely, dramatic walk in Glen Clova.
- Glamis Castle often has great events or festivals on and is always a hive of activity.
- Murton Farm and nature reserve has wonderful animals, play areas and a tearoom full of tasty treats.